Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Blackspear, Jul 9, 2006.
1. Click on "Next".
1 Click on "Primary profile".
2. Type in: My Profile
3. You will see the value added here.
1 Click on "Alternative profile".
2. Type in: Internet Updating
3. You will see the value added here.
4. Click on "OK".
1. Click on the new Scheduled task.
2. Click on "Change ID".
1. Type in: 64
2. This explains why 64 was typed.
3. Click on "OK"
1. Click on "Close".
1. Click on "Save".
Microsoft System Error Codes can be found HERE
SC Error Codes
1. Error codes of the nod32 setup.
These can be found when the installation fails on the level of the setup. They are displayed during installation/push installation as "installer error" followed by number which specifies the error. Some of them may also appear during Program Component Update (PCU).
#define E_OK 0 //all is OK
#define E_OK_RESTART 3010 //ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_REQUIRED // all is OK, reboot si needed
#define E_OK_RESTART_BY_CALLER 3011 // reboot is handled by calling application
#define E_ADMIN_REQUIRED 101 // required administrator rights
#define E_NO_CFGFILE 102 // cfg file needed
#define E_NO_MEMORY 103 // not enough memory
#define E_NO_REQUIRED_OS 104 // old version of OS (NT)
#define E_NO_TMPDIR 105 // can't create TMP directory to extract files from archive
#define E_EXTRACTION 106 // error extracting archive
#define E_NO_SETTINGSFILE 107 // setup file is missing or corrupted (setup - file with settings of component)
#define E_OLDVERSION 108 // component to install is older then currently installed one
#define E_BADLIBRARY 109 // can't connect to dll
#define E_UNKNOWN_OPER 110 // operation not supported (in dll)
#define E_DISKERROR 111 // cannot create file (on disk)
#define E_BAD_COMPSETTINGS 112 // number of components doesn't match
#define E_UNK_COMPONENTNUM 113 // number of components not set
#define E_BAD_SETUPXML 114 // bad or missing setup.xml
#define E_INCOMPATIBLE 115 // new version is not compatible with the old one, uninstallation needed
#define E_REGISTRY 116 // error writing to registry
#define E_UPDATE 117 // update error
#define E_LANGUAGE 118 // you are installing other language version then the currently installed one, uninstallation needed
#define E_BAD_UNINSTXML 119 // file describing uninstallation corrupted or missing
#define E_SERVICE 120 // error registering service
#define E_INSTALL_COMPONENT 121 // error installing component (details about component in nsetup.log)
#define E_CANNOT_INSTALL_HERE 122 // cannot install component
#define E_EVALONCE 123 // you are installing trial version after date of expiration
#define E_NO_REQUIRED_OS_WNT 124 // OS does not match requirements - Windows NT
#define E_NO_REQUIRED_OS_W95 125 // OS does not match requirements- Windows 95
// dialogue texts
#define P_WAITBEGIN 11 // waiting before start of installation
#define P_WAITEND 12 // waiting after end of installation
#define P_WAITUNINST 13 // waiting after uninstallation
#define P_INSTEND 14 //announcements in dialog window - installation
#define P_REINSTEND 15 //announcements in dialog window - reinstallation
#define P_UNINSTEND 16 //announcements in dialog window - uninstallation
#define P_REINSTBEGIN 17 // waiting for start of reinstallation
#define P_WAITREINST 18 // waiting to finish wizard
#define P_OLDENGINE 19 // older engine is being installed (then currently installed one)
#define P_UNINSTALL 201 // uninstall?
#define P_INSERTDISK 202 // next installation disk needed
#define P_CANCELMSG 204 // cancel installation?
#define P_NOTHING_UNINST 205 // nothing to uninstall
#define P_CANCELTITLE 206 // Cancel title box
#define P_PWDREQUIRED 207 // return code if password was needed
#exit code 301 //"Failure during NOD32 Install - exit code 301" newer version of MFC library needed
2. Remote Installation errors
Remote installation can fail even before setup is launched. In that case the error is in form: desciption (SC error code code1, GLE error code code2)
- description contains more specific information
- SC helps us to locate the place in the source code where the error occured
- GLE is the Win32 GetLastError code - this can help to know more about the error.
SC should be one of the following list:
RI_SUCCESS = 0
RI_ACCESSDENIED_ERROR = 1
RI_CONNECTREGISTRY_ERROR = 2
RI_OPENREGISTRY_ERROR = 3
RI_DELETEREGISTRY_ERROR = 4
RI_COMPUTERNAME_ERROR = 5
RI_ADDCONNECTION_ERROR = 6
RI_CANCELCONNECTION_ERROR = 7
RI_PARAMETER_ERROR = 8
RI_COPYFILE_ERROR = 9
RI_DELETEFILE_ERROR = 10
RI_OPENSCMANAGER_ERROR = 11
RI_SERVICENAME_ERROR = 12
RI_ENUMSERVICE_ERROR = 13
RI_QUERYSERVICE_ERROR = 14
RI_CREATESERVICE_ERROR = 15
RI_OPENSERVICE_ERROR = 16
RI_STARTSERVICE_ERROR = 17
RI_DELETESERVICE_ERROR = 18
RI_MEMORY_ERROR = 19
Most frequent are 6 or 11. They mean “access denied” or “server cannot connect to the remote service manager”. Here is list of requirements for push installation:
- Target must respond to a ping from the server
- Administrative user used for install cannot have a blank password.
- If the client and server are in a mixed domain/workgroup environment (or the server is 2003), simple file sharing must be turned off on XP clients
- Client for MS Network (server, client)
- Activated file and printer sharing (client)
- File Sharing permitted on firewall (client, server)
- TCP/IP (client, server)
- ADMIN$ share (Client)
- Remote registry service started (client)
- Account used for installation must have Administrator Rights
- Permitted ports: 2222,2223,2224 (server)
UPGRADING or ADDING LICENSES
Open up the NOD32 Remote Administrator Console.
1. Click on "Help".
2. Click on "About NOD32 Remote Administrator Console".
1. Click on "Renew".
1. Click on "Browse".
1. Click on the dropdown arrow and navigate to where your RAS (Remote Administrator Server) License is located.
2 Click on your license.
3. License name can now be seen.
4. Click on "Open".
1. Your new license details will appear here.
2. You should see your new expiry date and change of amount of computers if you are upgrading.
3. Click on "Upload to Server".
1. Click on "OK".
Go to the NOD32 Control Centre that has the "Mirror"
1. Click on "Update".
2. Click on "Setup".
1. Enter your new "Username".
2. Enter your new "Password".
3. Click on "OK".
Microsoft recommend the following exclusions (see HERE):
C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Servername.log (replace Server Name with your servers name)
With Exchange, also add:
Further reading: HERE and HERE
Separate names with a comma.