Installing CD version

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Uroboros, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uroboros

Uroboros Registered Member

Sorry of this has been covered before.

Downloaded FirstDefense to try and now I'm close to the end of my trial period. Purchased the program on CD but I got to un-install the current trial version to install the CD version. I have only one back-up Snapshot besides the primary. Whats the best way to go about doing this and not lose that back-up Snapshot?

TIA

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Uroboros

If you go to the control panel to uninstall the First Defense trial, it may ask you if you want to remove the First Defense program or remove First Defense completely. If you choose the first option, the snapshots should be there when you install the paid version.

You may want to wait for other opinions to be on the safe side.

3. Dina

Dina Registered Member

Theres no other way of doing it. uninstall, choose to remove program only. ive done that too many times, snapshots always remain.

or to be sure, you can always export your snapshots to another drive/partition. or image the drive/partition. if you want to be extra extra sure.

4. Uroboros

Uroboros Registered Member

Ok, will do. Thanks all

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Ronjor and Dina are right.
    When I downloaded FDISR, I took first an image backup of system partition, before I installed FDISR as a precaution.
    After installing FDISR + second snapshot, I took an image backup again, because I had another reason to do this.
    I wanted to know if ATI was able to restore an image with or without FDISR over a system partition with or without FDISR or even a complete blank system partition and without having MBR-troubles.
    ATI did it correctly in each combination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.