installing build 3677

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scaa, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

o_O I had a terrible time upgrading to 3677 . Once installed and I tried to open it, the dialog box said I had invalid serial number and would have to reinstall again. A second install resulted in the same result. I then tried a repair which completed successfully and the reboot prompt appeared. After reboot the result was the same.
    I had to completely uninstall, reinstall with version 8 & 9 keys and now it has started working.
    The scheduled tasks were there but they had to be modified.
    I hope acronis does something about this.:mad:

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

How are you upgrading...over the top or delete the old install first.

3. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Initially installed over the top but finally had to uninstall previous version and make a fresh install with build 3677

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

With this build, you have to unistall the prior version or the upgrade will generate this serial number error. They should have put a note to that effect in a readme.txt file along with the rest of the upgrade download.

It's one thing to have to uninstall first (not the prefered situation) but worse to not be warned about it.

I'm used to programs that, if an upgrade requires an uninstall of a previous version, then the upgrade routine takes care of that.

5. Mascot

Mascot Registered Member

I installed it on top of 3666 without any issues.

If using secure zone I strongly recommend running through the "Activate startup recovery manager" wizard before rebooting. Last time I forgot that I got an unbootable partition or some such error message on my next reboot.

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Thats what I did, less chance of conflicts between old version and the new version etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.