Installing an update of MRUBlaster

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Florestan, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florestan

Florestan Guest

As a not-too-experienced computer user, I hope hope someone can answer these two questions.

Do you have to uninstall an older version of MRUBlaster in order to put in a more updated version?

Why does MRUblaster have to be updated? In other words, are there types data from "outside" the computer (web sites? e-mail? downloads?) that the MRU Blaster has to be kept up-to-date on, and if so, what? I'm very curious about this.

2. Florestan

Florestan Guest

Somehow the intended last line of the above post got cut off:

Thanks for a terrific program!

--Florestan

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Florestan,

I'll skip answering your first question, because I know Javacool was working on a updater function for MRU-Blaster, but I don't know if it is finished.

Concerning the second part of your question: javacool keeps adding MRU's from more and more programs to MRU-Blaster (on request of users) and that is why there are updates.

Regards,

Pieter

4. Florestan

Florestan Guest

Thanks for your reply.

I checked over on the MRU Blaster page, and it says there that there's "no longer a need to uninstall a previous version before updating." I assume this means you can install a new version on top of the old one.

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Florestan,

That is correct.

Regards,

Pieter

6. harkstone

harkstone Registered Member

What updates? I've been using MRUBlaster for a long time and the last 'update' was almost half a year ago (March 2:cool:. It is a good program for what it does though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.