Installing Acronis True Image in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by coops, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coops

coops Registered Member

Hi anyone able to help!

Due to what seems to be my video card near enough dying on my laptop I can only get into my PC using safe mode with lo res vision on screen. I will obviously need to send my pc away for repair and would like to back up everyting on it.

So I have purchased Acronis True Image 11 home. I am using Windows XP Media Centre Edition Version 2002 - Service Pack 3

I have attempted to instal it and get this error message

"E00640003: The error was encountered while the installation.

Acronis installation program encountered the error #1625: "This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator (0xFFF0)
    code = 80070659)
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF"
    A possible reason might be that you do not have enough privileges. Please check the installation troubleshooting section of the product documentation."

I have full administration privileges so am assuming that whilst in SAFE MODE I can not install this program, if so is there anyway around this problem as I really would like to back up this way before sending pc off.

Thanks in advance to any comments.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't know if it is possible to install TI in Windows Safe mode but an alternative might be:

Create the TI bootable rescue CD by installing the software temporarily on another PC. The CD is not tied to the hardware of the machine that created it so that is not a problem.
    Boot the CD on the failing laptop and make an image using the CD version.

Important: Be sure you can validate the image with the CD as well and run through the Restore Wizard up to the point where it asks you to Proceed - CANCEL Instead! This gives you some confidence the archive can be located and accurately read into memory. However, the absolute best test is to do an actual restore to a spare HD.

Even if you do succeed in installing TI in Safe Mode you need to follow the recommendation listed in "Important" since the recovery environment is Linux not Windows and a TI weakness is the sometimes lack of proper hardware drivers for some hardware.

I also recommend you do a separate data file backup by a Windows copy to an external HD or to CD/DVDs. These are the files you can't buy at any price.

3. coops

coops Registered Member

Hey Seek, thanks for your input. I will give it all a go and then provide you some feedback on your suggestions.

thanks again.

4. coops

coops Registered Member

Hi Seekforever,

I did everything you suggested and it all works.

Thanks very much for your input to help me solve my issue.

Cheers Coops

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You're welcome, glad it worked for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.