Installer was interrupted before Acronis True Image could be removed.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by billy49, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billy49

billy49 Registered Member

Trying to install Acronis True Image 9.0 onto WIN XP Pro x64. I am getting the following error during installation.

Installer was interrupted before Acronis True Image could be removed. You need to restart the installer to try again.

Please help! Its a new Dell that came with Vista 64bit and I imaged the PC to have XP Pro x64 installed. The PC was just imaged about 3 days ago! I have not had any problems trying to install this product on any Versions on WinXP Pro/Home 32bit.

**I have uploaded the error to the post**

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello billy49,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Home!

In order to install Acronis True Image you have to clear your system from the previous installation traces. Please follow the instructions from this Knowledge Base article.

After that please try to install the program again.

Remember that you always can use Acronis Bootable Media to access Acronis True Image functions.

Please also note that you are using a very old program version. We recommend you to upgrade to Acronis True Image Home 2009

Thank you.
    Daniel Pustovoy

3. billy49

billy49 Registered Member

I have verified all the items was removed on the link you attached. Please keep in mind that I have never installed Acronis on this machine. I am trying to get it installed for the first time and its not even completing the isntallation. I had no traces of any files on my PC from the KB article "1672: Manual Uninstallation of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home from Windows 2000." The only item I was able to find was the Acronis Scheduler2 Service, which i disabled the service. I do not understand why this product will not work on this particular machine. Is there something to do with the OS being XP Pro 64bit instead of 32bit?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello billy49,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 9.0 Home

First of all please make sure that you are using the latest build of the program 3854. Check it in Help -> About. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products.

Try the following workarounds:

- Try to disable any antivirus software and repeat installation.
    - Try to install as Administrator, right click on installation file -> Run As -> Administrator
    - Try to install for All users.

Could you please do the following in order to check out the integrity of the installation package?

- Download the checksum utility from http://www.irnis.net/files/xcsci.exe
    - Unpack and run the application and click on the ellipsis sign to browse and select the installation package you downloaded;
    - Click "Start" button;
    - The MD5 value for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (build number 3854) must be ef1cdc1b781dff1229be5a09bc297f06

If the MD5 value is not ef1cdc1b781dff1229be5a09bc297f06 then you need to re-download the latest build.

If the problem persists and the checksum is correct please do the following:

1.Completely uninstall previous version of Acronis True Image including the trial version of the product (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs).

2.Delete all files in \Documents and Settings\[Account Name]\Local Settings\Temp\ folder by running Disk Cleanup wizard from the system drive (e.g. C:) Properties (remember to check the Temporary Files checkbox).

3.Download the utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us, install and run it.

4.Select the Acronis product you are trying to install and hit Remove.

5.Try installing the product again.

If the issue persists we need some additional information to investigate your problem thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

1.Launch the product installation file
    2.Once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on the name of the component that fails to install. You should see two options there: Install and Extract. Select Extract
    3.Select the path for extracting the component and click Save
    4.Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command: msiexec /i path&msi-name /l*v log-name.log, where path&msi-name is the name and path of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name.log is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to. For example, msiexec /i D:\AcronisFolder\AcronisTrueImage /l*v D:\log-name.log
    5.Reproduce the problem and send us the log file created during the installation (it will be created on D partition).

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.