installer freezes my computer

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jack0, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack0

jack0 Registered Member

Hello.

Today I downloaded the free 30 day trial version of NOD32 and much too my dismay it froze my computer when the installer got to "clearing/deleting backup files" or something thereof. Everything is non responsive except for the installer which is just stuck, the progress bar not moving.

After that I'm forced to hold the power button to restart, after that I can't log on to the computer unless I start up in safe mode and uninstall NOD32 that way.

I have never had any other Antivirus except for Avast which i uninstalled before installing NOD32. I'm on a Dell laptop running Vista business and I'm apparently running without administrative rights, if that's any help.

Thank you for your time!

- Jack0

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello jack0,

Try disabling User Account Control (UAC) before install. Please contact customer care (http://www.eset.com/support/contact.php) and submit a sysinspector log to check for any leftovers from previous AV.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.