installer configuration, protect from uninstall

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by censanian, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. censanian

censanian Registered Member

how do i configure my AV installer package so that the uninstall of it will be password protected?

2. censanian

censanian Registered Member

got an answer about this too, if it helps anyone... had to call into tech support...

in v2, if you set a protection password to disable users from being able to make config changes to the AV software, it also disabled them from being able to uninstall the AV software all together...

in v3, you can still set a password to protect config settings, but this password WILL NOT stop a user from uninstalling the product.

this came with the change of the type of install from v2 to v3 or something, the tech tried to explain, and he said he put a note into dev to see if its a function they can sometime try to bring back, i know i certainly liked the function

3. wiak

wiak Registered Member

this is useful so those not so computer savy users dont uninstall antivirus :blink:

4. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

. . . . . thanks for taking the trouble to post back with this update - it's really appreciable. I was under the notion that setting a password would restrict V3 from being uninstalled just like V2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.