Installed TI 11 trial, got error message.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hugger, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Installed TI 11 trial, got bonus.

I downloaded the trial of TI 11 for my XP Pro SP2 pc.
    Turned off the firewall to make sure there were no problems with it accessing the whole disk.
    After following the install steps I got an error message:

Windows-Drive not ready.
    Exception processing message-c00000a3 Parameters 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c
    Cancel , Try again, Continue

Clicked try again and got nowhere.
    Clicked Continue and everything was ok after that.
    What is this error message and does this indicate problems in the future with this product?
    Thanks.
    Hugger

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  2. diskimage

diskimage Registered Member

Same problem here

I have just purchased and installed True Image Home 11 (build 8053) on a clean install of Windows XP Pro SP2 with all Windows updates. Disk Director 10 is also installed but no other software.

On rebooting the machine I received the error message:

Windows-Drive not ready.
    Exception processing message-c00000a3 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c
    Cancel , Try again, Continue.

"Continue" usually clears the message but it frequently reappears. Likewise the message usually reappears when the machine is restarted.

The system has a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Motherboard with two Samsung Sata Hard drives and a Samsung Serial DVD-RW operating in AHCI mode with Intel ICH9 Sata AHCI Controller v 7.6.0.1011.

I would greatly appreciate any advice and a solution.

3. diskimage

diskimage Registered Member

Re: Installed TI 11 and DD 10, got error message.

Hugger

As Acronis don't appear to be interested I thought I would let you know my further findings.

From what I can see the problem seems to be caused by a Start Up item "oss_reinstall.exe". The only strange thing is that I think this is a component of Acronis Disk Director's OS Selector rather than True Image.

Anyway if I use MSConfig to disable this the error messages stop if I enable it again they restart.

I hope this helps.

Obviously you won't be able to use OS selector but there are good free alternatives such as GAG.

The other thing of note is that it doesn't cause a problem on my computer that uses an Intel ICH8 controller but does with computer that uses an IHC9 controller.

4. Ray Clare

Ray Clare Registered Member

Hi guys!

I don't have much help for you. While Acronis does actually visit here from time to time, this is just a bunch of volunteer users trying to help each other. If you want a response from Acronis, contact Tech Support.

Good luck.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hugger and diskimage,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (2160) of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also create a screenshot of the error message.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.