Installed TI 10 Home now network does not work..

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by daveporter9, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveporter9

daveporter9 Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I installed TI-10 Home today for a client on his Windows XP machine.

His second machine is a Windows 98 machine that connects to the XP machine.,

Later in the day he discovered that the Windows 98 machine could not access the Windows XP machine ( The 98 machine just runs an accounting program which access's the data on the XP machine ).

I have not un-installed TI-10 yet, I thought I would check here to see if anyone can think of any reason why this could have happened ? There were no other changes made to either machine today, just the restart after TI-10 was installed. And we have tried turning off both machines and bringing bringing them back with no change !

TIA - Dave Porter.
    dj-software

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Getting any error messages like Out of memory which could be the irpstacksize problem?

3. daveporter9

Hi Thanks for the feedback.

The client did get an out of memory error when they run a batch file that unzips files from a disk to the local machine then copies them from the windows98 machine to the XP machine. But I just thought that was a typical error that means nothing, simply because the location it was copying the files to did not exist because the network is broken. Incidently the internet works across the network OK.

thanks again - Dave Porter

4. daveporter9

YES YES YES !!!!!

IRPStackSize was the problem.

Changed the value to 14 ( up from 11 ) and the problem is resolved.

Could TI-10 have been the culprit. It was the only installed program since the problem occured.

I also found this article that helps specifically with that issue.
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Q_20494391.html

cheers, Dave Porter

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Dave,

This is a known Microsoft Windows phenomenon that isn't just confined to TI. However, because TI does install some additional filters to support backups, the total number of filters can exceed the server's limit. There have been numerous previous threads about IRPStackSize (search this Forum) with the following being a couple of typical examples:

<After install of home, no more network available>
    <Access shared drives after installing Acronis True Image 9.0>

Regards

6. daveporter9

Thanks Menorcaman for the links - appreciate it !
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.