Installed HFS+ for Windows 8 but... can't activate

Discussion in 'HFS for Windows' started by lanstrad, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanstrad

lanstrad Registered Member

I installed the trial version of HFS + for Windows (version 10.0) on Windows 8 as I need to access some HFS drives on this computer (dual boot hackintosh with Lion 10.7.4).

However, while the welcome window tells me I am under trial, it looks like I have to choose either from 3 choices: 1) BUY licence, 2) activate with a licence number purchased, or 3) Activate later....

While I may only choose the third, there is no way I can still access those HFS drives. I tried to follow the Paragon manual : opened Disk management, tried to assign a new letter to the corresponding drives, but there: all I get is a prompt that ''disk management is not updated - that I need to either ''refresh'' or restart PC. But none of this works.

There's no way I will purchase a software for which I don't know if it will work... Plus reading some posts here (like system hanging after the program has been installed) is quite scary.

Any insight someone? (As it don't look like tech support will respond quick enough before the end of my ''trial'').

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.