installed bootit ng (bing) boot manager & now cant boot to linux

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chrome_sturmen, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

hey guys, earlier this morning i installed bootit ng (bing) boot manager, i thought it would allow for more functionaility than the grub booter that kubuntu installed. now however, though bootit ng sees and boots to xp, it doesnt see my kubuntu installation (therefore i cant get to linux). anyone have any ideas?

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I'm not sure if bing recognizes Linux at all. Besides, GRUB is one of the most advanced boot loaders available. I suggest you repair GRUB. If you need to know how, ask.
    Mrk

3. chrome_sturmen

mrk, thanks for the advice- i was rethinking my snapshot setup anyway, so i took the opportunity to format my drive, reinstall windows, then i reinstalled firstdefense isr and copied over my baseline snapshots because i want to rebuild in a new direction. its nice to start with a baseline snapshot with all my drivers installed and basic configurations, rather than having to install windows from scratch ;)

combined with proper folder/file mirroring, i had my browser, chat programs, and some others back the way they were before the format in minutes.

as for linux, ive decided to give pclinuxos a try, so i didnt mind scrapping kubuntu for the time being.

by the way, i didnt find bing to be very intuitive ;(

thanks again!

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

5. chrome_sturmen

longboard, i dont think bing is compatible with first defense isr- after having installed bing, later when booting to windows i pressed f1 to bring up the first defense isr boot menu and it read somethin like "invalid boot sector, press enter to continue booting windows" and windows would boot, but i had no snapshot access

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.