Installed Acronic True Image 9.0 but when..

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RonNYC, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonNYC

RonNYC Registered Member

I select boot up with Acronis ("strongly recommended") all I see is a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. It was there for several minutes.

I know that sometimes when Windows boots up and there are some updates in progress that can take a while.

If this is expected that is OK.

I'm using XP Media Center; new machine with a 250gB primary drive and 250gB USB drive for backups.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You should, after a bit of thinking by your PC, get to an Acronis screen giving you options.

Try the bootable CD version. You need to make the CD regardless for disaster recovery so try it and see what happens.

3. RonNYC

RonNYC Registered Member

Thanks. I'll give it another try.

I am creating a full disk backup right now.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RonNYC,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify if you are trying to run Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (F11 button) or boot Acronis True Image 9.0 from Bootable CD? Please also tell us what do you see after you wait for several minutes?

Please read more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. RonNYC

RonNYC Registered Member

This was only the first time after I installed Acronis.

Now, when I reboot, I do get the F11 selection choice, but I've not used it.

I don't need to recover anything, so I'm not sure, absent that, what would happen if I pressed F11 and started recovery?

Also, now when I reboot, after the message about F11, everything works normally.

6. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

RonNYC,

There is no danger in pressing F11 on boot. No potentially dangerous action will be undertaken yet. You will come to a selection screen, where you will select the Full (topmost) option and after that you will come to the main TI screen, where you will be able to start any of the available TI functions - Backup, Check Archive, Recovery, whatever.

You will be in Linux at this stage and restoring the system drive has to be performed from this environment. After exiting TI, the computer will reboot to Windows.

Pressing F11 on boot has the same effect as booting from Rescue CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.