installation problems - please help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pictor.07, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pictor.07

pictor.07 Registered Member

Just tried to upgrade my acronis true image 7.0 to the last release 638, which I have downloaded from the support area. Everthing runs fine, entering serial number, path, etc. but at the end there is an window with the error message - since this is a German system first the original text:
    "Danke dass Sie sich für Acronis TI entschieden haben. Leider kann das Programm nicht ausgeführt werden, da ein Fehler aufgetreten ist. Versuchen Sie später Acronis TI noch einmal auszuführen".

In English it could be something like:
    "Thank's for choosing Acronis TI. Unfortunately the application couldn't be executed due to an error. Please try later once again."

Checking the drive nothing was installed even I saw the copy process bar during installation. Sure, I've turned off firewall and virus software during installation. My system is Win XP SP2.

Anyone else out there with the same experience or with an idea what's wrong?

pictor.07

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pictor.07,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please do the following:
    - Copy the Acronis True Image installation file to the C: partition
    - Open the command prompt: Start -> Run -> cmd
    - Issue the following command: C:\"installation_file_name" /log
    - Go through the installation wizard to reproduce the problem
    - Send install.log from the folder Acronis True Image has been installed to (C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage by default) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. ThickHead

ThickHead Registered Member

Hey! I had a working installation of TI7 until today... first I got an error saying I had to reinstall the program, and then when I did it, the install routine deleted all the programs files off my hard drive :mad: ! What happened?!?!?

Now I have exactly the same problem as described above by pictor.07 but with the English version. I tried to install using the "/log" option but it doesn't even create a C:\Program Files\Acronis directory so no log file gets created.

How am I supposed to get TI7 reinstalled? Not a happy customer right now.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ThickHead,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create a screenshot of the error you get and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. I will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. ThickHead

Ilya,
    Sent you the info as requested, but I think it got intercepted by Konstantin Karikov first. Anyway I've attached a screenshot of the error msg. I opened watched Windows Explorer during the install and watched as the directory and files are being created/copied correctly, but then they suddenly get deleted when this screen appears.

Attached Files:

6. ThickHead

Well, for a lack of any advice from Acronis, I worked around the above problem by going back and installing an old version of TI 7 (Bld 582) which installed ok and then upgraded by installing Bld 638 on top of it. Now that the program is finally re-installed, I tried to image my C: drive and now I get this error msg:

"Cannot create the image of the logical drive C: because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors."

Task Manager shows no other applications running, so I ran a "chkdsk c: /r" on reboot, it ran just fine and found no errors. TI7 still continues to fail and is aggravating me... a little help please?

7. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

If you have any system/background processes like real-time virus scanners, trash can protectors, or such, you can try shutting them down before creating the image. Or better, try starting Windows in Safe Mode (F:cool: when imaging, since that should make sure that those processes are not started.

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  8. ThickHead

Thanks MiniMax, I had tried exiting everything in my system tray, turning off services one at time, nothing worked. Then I remembered that I had a similar problem several months ago and that Acronis support had sent me "SnapAPI.exe" to fix it, so I dug it out, ran it, and sure enough everythings working again. Just did an image of my C: drive to a USB harddrive and it ran! I guess TI is only "self service" support from now on. Here's the file in hopes that others will someday find it useful:

Forum apparently doesn't allow attaching .exe files, too bad.

Last edited: May 18, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.