Installation problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by brambell, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brambell

brambell Registered Member

Hi

Tonight, I uninstalled MacAfee from my computer and then tryed to install ESET smart security (trial version) onto my computer, for the first time.

Everything went ok, and as the installation wizard was about to close, a pop-up was displayed. It was headed "Application Luncher" I think it was asking me weather I wanted to open or save to this folder. I browsed the file but was unsure what to do.

I skipped this step and then I noticed that there was no icon on my desktop but there was an icon in the task bar. I tryed to update and all that it says that it was unable to update.

I also lost internet connection. Before I installed the software, I read that some people had lost internet connection.

There was a solution posted about this. It went, Advanced setting>personal firewall>IDS and advanced options>Interusion detection and deselect ARP,DNS,TCP,Reverse TCP settings. Which I disabled all 4. Still no internet.

My questions to you is, if I disable all the 4 check boxs, will this give back me the internet?

Also, does anybody know what file I should go into when it asked about Application Luncher?

If I can get this bit right,will I be able to update the software?

Many thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.