Installation problem : Installer was interrupted before...You need to restart

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cukkas, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cukkas

Cukkas Registered Member

Installation problem : Installer was interrupted before...You need to restart...

Hi,

Re: Error message "The installer was interrupted before Acronis True Image Enterprise Server could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again."

I keep encountering this error message when trying to install Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 onto a Windows Server 2008 64 bit system.

I am wondering whether this issue has been discussed and resolved somewhere. I did a search on this forum but had no joy.

Does anyone have this problem? Can someone please point me to the link for a FAQ which might help solve this problem?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Cukkas

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  2. OldITGuy

OldITGuy Registered Member

I noticed this problem occurring with a number of different versions of TrueImage and on different platforms, but I don't see any resolutions. I see some suggested approaches, but don't see any acknowledged solutions. Is there a verified fix for this problem?

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you've already reboted more than once and the problem recurs, then you can try this:
    go into the registry and look for "pendingfilerename"

Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager

Delete any PendingFileRenameOperations values.

You might also need to check for pending file rename operations in the following registry keys:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

4. Cukkas

Cukkas Registered Member

Hi Shieber,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked this key as you suggested:

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager,
    there is no entry "PendingFileRenameOperations",

it does have a key named "FileRenameOperations" where there is a default entry with string value not set.

I also checked all the following keys:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

again there is no entry for either PendingFileRenameOperations or FileRenameOperations.

So I am still stuck.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Cukkas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please notice that current versions of Acronis True Image do not support Windows Server 2008 yet. Most likely, the support will be implemented in future versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Cukkas

Cukkas Registered Member

Hi Marat,

Thank you for letting me know.

Regards,
    Cukkas

7. rockfarmer

rockfarmer Registered Member

I also had this problem with True Image 11 Build 8053 installation. Several times I tried to install it. Same message exactly!

Turns out it was OneCare 2.0 that shut down some portion of the install procedure. Once I turned off OnceCare's Virus/Spyware section (kept the firewall going), True Image installed properly.

Was originally installing True Image on a dual boot Vista/XP installation hoping it would help with the missing restore points problem with XP. NADA! ZIP!Only solution seems to be NeoSmart's Hns Beta program.

Bob

8. ericburs

ericburs Registered Member

I had the installer interrupted on a Dell D630. This was Acronis True Image Home 11 Build 8053. It also happened on an older True Image 10 as well. I found a discussion on this site from 2004 that suggested erasing all the files in %TEMP%, particularly the ones that contain reference to True Image. That did it! The installation ran successfully after the cleanup. :)

9. Craige4107

Craige4107 Registered Member

Okay. I was able to resove this interrupt issue for True Image 11 using some of the suggestions found here. I think the main issue is the UAC. But, I will run down what I did. Keep in mind, I have tried to install this about 10 times, but I don't think it was just a fluke.

I don't know if this will work for Server 2008, or anything else, for that matter, but considering the solutions coming from Acronis, you might try it. As for the Antivirus software issue, I am currently using AVG and I didn't disable mine during install, so I don't see this as an issue. Good luck:

1. Ensure to delete any Acronis program, using the uninstaller, if it shows up here. Mine did not.
    2.. Go into Program files and Common files and delete any traces of Acronis' folders.
    3. Using "msconfig", check the start-up programs for Acronis.
    4. Disable it, if it shows here. I wasn't able to delete it, even after deleting the service.
    5. Check services that are running, if Acronis is listed, perform #6.
    6. Using the "cmd" prompt, type in sc delete ArcSch2Svc. It should say success, if Acronis is removed from services.
    7. Go back in services and make sure that it was, in fact, removed.
    8. Go into the tools of any web browsers that are installed, and delete all cookies, and temporary files. I had both IE and Firefox.
    9. Empty your recycle bin.
    10. Finally, go into User Settings and uncheck the UAC. Reboot.

11. Go back into services and start: COM+ System Application, Distributed Transaction Coordinator and RPC Locator
    12. Download the installer to your desktop. Do not run it from the website.
    13. Right click on the installation icon and install Acronis as administrator.

I hope this works for all that have had this VERY annoying issue.

FYI: Installed on Vista32 Home on a Toshiba Satellite A215.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be informed that interrupted restore issue can be resolved by temp deletion (as correctly mentioned earlier) and completely uninstallation of all previous Acronis versions via Add or Remove Programs option in Windows Control Panel.

Please delete all files in \Documents and Settings\[Account Name]\Local Settings\Temp\ folder (for XP family). Please note, that the folder may be hidden, you can open it by issuing Start -> Run -> "%temp%" command without a quotes. If some files cannot be deleted, please reboot your computer and repeat deleting.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.