Installation path

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by neji19, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neji19

neji19 Registered Member

Hi coldmoon

I am using the trial version of returnil virtual system 2011 now in my system using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and so far so good, i think your program is one of the best(if not the best) virtualization software as of now, and also the easiest to use. I just notice that when i install it, it was installed in the folder Program Files(x86), instead of folder Program Files in my windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. Does it mean that it was installed as 32bit, and not 64bit? And second, is there a limitations in functionality and security if returnil virtual system 2011 installed as 32bit in a 64bit environment. Thanks

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi,
    First, there is no difference whatsoever in the level of protection regardless of whether you are in a 32 - bit or 64 - bit environment as the virtualization is working at the disk level outside of Windows rather than inside Windows as must be done with application layer approaches. This is also why there were no issues moving from a 32 bit only version to ones that support both 32 and 64 - bit.

The GUI itself though is a 32 bit application so this is where the software gets installed per the best practices from Microsoft. This dichotomy does not mean that the software performs differently under either type of setup as our software does not need to "hook" anything in the OS to do what it does and once in Virtual Mode, it is the entire OS that is placed into a virtual environment rather than just the file system in solutions using an application layer approach.

Mike

3. neji19

neji19 Registered Member

Thanks for the response, coldmoon, you explained it well. When will you release the next version of returnil virtual system REL 15 ? Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.