installation of v4 RC

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by pemar, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pemar

pemar Registered Member

During instalation of NOD32 RC I have gotten warning window stating that other security software (F-Secure) is installed on the computer. I have never had F-Secure on my computer.
    I have trialed Norton, Avira prior to NOD32 installation.

2. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Are you running windows XP or Vista?

3. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

Hello,

Idem.

ESS 4 RC1 detected my computer F Secure.

running xp sp3

cheers

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you look in the [HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\] branch of the registry, do you see any keys listed for F-Secure?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. Waterfox

Waterfox Registered Member

Wow, I do have a key for F-Secure listed there, it's called F-Secure Gatekeeper.
    I've always wondered why NOD32 detects that I have F-Secure installed (it was only online scanner that I used once), but now thanks to you Agoretsky, I've found it.
    My question: is it safe to delete this key?

Thanks

6. pemar

pemar Registered Member

Vista Ultimate.

I have found the registry key agoretsky mentioned - and deleted it.
    There are also other entries elsewhere in registry related to F-Secure.

Waterfox - I have run the online scan as well some time ago so it has to be a culprit.

My question is: does the fact that there are some registry entries related to online scan interfere with NOD32? Should I manually delete this entries before NOD installation?

7. agoretsky

Hello,

I would suggest that you back up the key by exporting it and then remove it.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. agoretsky

Hello,

The installers for ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security can look for incompatible applications using a variety of methods. Usually, the presence of a particular registry key implies the presence of a particular program that could conflict with ESET's software. In this case, it sounds like just the registry key was left over from running the online scanner version of an anti-virus program.

If there was another anti-virus program previously installed, I would suggest following the developer's instructions for removal prior to installing ESET's software. In the case of things like leftover registry keys, I would suggest exporting them prior to deletion, just in case they need to be examined in the future.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.