installation of Acronis true image agent for windows on windows 2003 terminal server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jolsen, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolsen

jolsen Registered Member

When I try to install the agent on a windows 2003 terminal server with Citrix installed, the installation starts and almost completes. Then it "rolls" back and shows a message that the installation was interupted and could not complete.
    I'm logged in as local administrator.

Does any one have any idea what causes that.
    Thanks
    John

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Two things I can think of are known to cause this.

1. Due to a failed install, loads of crap temp files in your system temp folder.

not sure if 2003 hides them in the same place as 2K and XP, but try looking in

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Local Settings\Temp. You'll need to have hidden files and folders + system files available for viewing. Clear out as much of the stuff in here as 2003 will allow.

Then try re-installing again. If this fails - clear out again, and then the problem is likely to be -

2. A program or process running in the background - is not allowing TI to gain access.

Colin

3. jolsen

jolsen Registered Member

Thanks bodgy,
    I'll try that approach and see if that does the trick.

Any Idea what service or program that could do this? I have Citrix on this Terminal server.
    John

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jolsen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If clearing temp folders doesn't solve the problem, please collect installation log file the way it is described in this previous post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.