Installation // load question

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by xnij, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xnij

xnij Registered Member

Can someone please let me know whether this is normal:

I downloaded trial version TDS-3. Loaded it.

When it first tries to start, I get a window "Windows Installer," preparing to install.

MFormat Utility window asks me to insert MFormat utility disk and press OK

I press OK, it repeats itself,

I press cancel, it repeats itself,

I press cancel again, the process ends and TDS-3 appears to load. I can then run a full scan, etc.

Is this startup behavior normal for the trial version? If not, should I be trying to load what is apparently missing from the MFormat Utility disk? Or is something else possibly going on?

Xnij.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there and welcome!
    No this is not normal and should not be part of TDS in any way.
    Did you reboot after installation of TDS?
    Is that behavior still there after the reboot and each time you start TDS again?
    Where did you get TDS downloaded from and which windows version are you using?
    I could have thought of missing system files, but not what you describe.

If you mean after downloading TDS software and installing it you get a windows installation screen with the DiamondCS logo on it of course, till that is finished.
    But that MFormat Utility Disk is something i don't recognise at all in your story.
    After installing you should reboot, before your first TDs run.

3. xnij

xnij Registered Member

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I've answered in CAPS, and added some screenshots below to show the problem. Any help would be more than appreciated.

Best Regards.
    Xnij.

Attached Files:

4. xnij

xnij Registered Member

screenshot two of MFormat problem

Attached Files:

5. xnij

xnij Registered Member

:( At this point I hit OK and then cancel on the previous screen trying to load MFormat and THEN TDS-3 appears to load!! (Screenshot4 next post)

Attached Files:

6. xnij

xnij Registered Member

So, after MFormat has done its thing (not). TDS-3 loads, as per the following screenshot.

Attached Files:

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I've no idea.
    Does something like this happen when you start other programs too?
    Did you check all the required system files on the TDS download site at the DiamondCS site?
    XP should have all the system files, but some might have got lost or overwritten, so best check.
    Then, you might like to close all your scanners and resident protection, uninstall TDS, reboot, again install TDS, reboot, and try to start it again.
    If all that goes well you can enable all the other protection again.
    Not sure if there could be more reasons, i can't find an older thread back where somebody had an windows installer popping up too and how that was solved, i tried to google the forum rather deep but don't see it.......
    If you would have been on win95 i would have said to get the windows installer file from the microsoft site, but since you're on XP your installer should be recent as well.

The other file/cd-rom asked for is all new to me and i'm not sure if that could be a missing file. Do you have that cd-rom and what happens if you insert that?

I see you are located in China, you put your system on default English?
    If it would be in Chinese you would not be able to load the radius database.

8. xnij

xnij Registered Member

HI AGAIN, AND THANKS FOR YOUR TIME...

AGAIN, MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

9. xnij

xnij Registered Member

Just a quick word of thanks to Jooske and the people at DCS for solving my installation problem. Another happy camper :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.