Installation Issue A.T.I. 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dikmann2, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dikmann2

dikmann2 Registered Member

Hello there,
    Purchased Acronis True Image Home version 10 just yesterday and I ran into some problems.
    Any help would be appreciated! (I.m using the dutch version)
    First of all my OS is Windows Vista Home Premium and I believe that A.T.I 10 is Vista Compatible.
    Okke, this I what occured:
    I ran installation and it seemed to go fine, but at the end suddenly the famous windows bluescreen appeared and my computer started to restart.
    Once again in windows A.T.I. 10 seemed to work fine but it doesn't. The problem is now that I'm unable to create a secure zone zone or activate
    activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. When I try I says that the recuired files where not found and that I have to reinstall A.T.I. 10.
    Of course tried doing this but without succes.Uninstallation and reinstallation doesn't give me the blue screen but the problems with Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and creating a secure zone are still there, keep telling me that the recuired files....etc.
    Anyone who encouterded the same problem or better, know a solution??
    Thanks in advance !!

Gr. Franz

2. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

When you create the secure zone, do you take space from existing partitions or do you have blank space at the end of the hard drive? If you already had secure zone set up, make sure you delete it. When deleting it, it will ask where you want to put the extra space on the hard drive, don't check any partitions and hit next. This will just leave blank space at the end of the drive for when you reinstall. This way, the partions will not need to be resized and files will not need to be moved.

Now, totally uninstall TI and then reboot. After rebooting, check to make sure the program is uninstalled and then reinstall it. Again reboot. After that, open TI and install SecureZone Start Up Manager. After that, close TI and reopen it to make your backup.

3. dikmann2

I didn'got a change to set up the secure zone because it instantly gave me the message that the required files were not on the harddisk. It is as if windows vista "protects" itself and doesn't allow the required files (which probably caused the "error" needed for creating a safe zone) to install again

thanks for the fast reply

Gr. Franz

4. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

You might want to consider not creating the Secure Zone and use an external drive for full image archiving.

5. dikmann2

yes, I think I leave it like it is. Maybe it's a conflict with the resque option which is preinstalled on HP Computers. In windows logfiles the "blue screen" was explained as a "Driver conflict?"
    Will try to contact A.T.I. support for a solution but I'm affraid it's difficult to find the cause of the problems.
    Thanks for the replies!

Gr. Franz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.