Installation fails error 121

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jeb32, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeb32

jeb32 Registered Member

I tried to install NOD32 on a Windows XP system, and the installation failed with this error message:
    (121) NOD32 MOD_WINNT_ENGLISH_INET

I searched these forums and saw a few other messages about the same problem, going back as far as 2003. But I couldn't glean a coherent explanation of a solution from them. I saw that one user couldn't fix it without reformating and reinstalling Windows.

Is there a solution to this problem that is known to work (other than reformatting and reinstalling Windows)?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

A few suggestion that might help :

Make sure you have removed all previously installed antivirus softwares/security suits . Goto Control Panel->Add/Remove programs and see , also check for tracks in C:\Program files and remove them

Run Windows's System File Checker just in case to see if all files are OK
    Open Start-> Run
    Type sfc.exe /scannow
    Press ENTER

The process will start and will finish without any special notice . If a file is corrupted/missing , Windows will prompt you to insert your Windows CD/Recovery CD so that the SFC can get a fresh copy of it

Reinstall your NOD32 , might help now
    1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 for your correct operating system
    Trial version Full paid version

2) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

3) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

4) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

5) Configure NOD32 as shown here

If you still have error and you can't make it work , do the following (previously suggested by ESET Mod Marcos)

Have the latest installer . With XP , right click on it and extract the file in new directory , call it NOD32
    Open Start-> Run -> type cmd and press ENTER
    Point the path to the setup.exe and run it with the /test parameter and send nsetup.log to The TechSupport support@nod32.com for analysis

3. jeb32

jeb32 Registered Member

Thanks for your help. I went through the steps you suggested without luck. I generated the setup log file as you suggested and sent it to support. The log file had this error line in it:

Error: Couldn't open Administrator's XML : nod32.xml

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for letting us know . Hope they help !!! ;)

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Error: Couldn't open Administrator's XML : nod32.xml is not actually an error, its just a statement that no file nod32.xml with pre-defined custom settings exist in the installation folder. You should get a swift response from our support in spite of me taking some days of in High Tatras.

I'd suggest that you repair Winsock per Blackspear's instructions provided in the thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=462132#post462132

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hey Marcos . Thanks for making it clearer ! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.