Installation error

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by MINOS, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MINOS

MINOS Registered Member

try to explain it in english :

every time i try to install the new Returnil version i get an error message because of a fault in deleting the previous version. I`ve searched the whole system /registration to find the leftovers and delete them, but the error-message returns.
    how can i fix it ?

System: Win7/64 bit -MS Security Essentials and Zone-Alarm Pro (shutdown both -> error returns )

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi MINOS and welcome to the forums :)

1. What version and build of RVS did you have installed prior to attempting the upgrade to the latest release version?

2. Did you upgrade in place (install new version over old), use the RVS uninstaller, or a third party solution to uninstall the older version of RVS?

3. When you uninstalled the older version, did you get any errors? If yes, what was the text of the error or errors?

Mike

3. MINOS

MINOS Registered Member

Hi !

- it was the GOTD Version ( RVS 2010 ; 19.10.2009 i think..., cant remember the exact build -i have to reactivate it because of the licence-failure ( i think you know about it...) but the new activation failed and the support wrote me to uninstall it and then download and install the latest RVS build 3.0.6778 - ( there sign : [#512160] RVS License Registration)

- no inplace, i used Revo Uninstaller and there was a message, but i can`t remember the words, sorry... -

4. Coldmoon

Please do not use REVO to uninstall anything RVS related as it can result in an improper removal.

With that said, please attempt a reinstall - reboot cycle as this can clear remnants causing your issue. If this doesn't work, please reply to your support ticket with following information attached (reference this thread as well):

* C:\Windows\rvs3.log
    * C:\Windows\rvs3-inst.log
    * MSINFO32 or MSINFO64 report**

**Click START > RUN > Type MSINFO32 or MSINFO64 as appropriate. On the System Information screen click FILE > Export and then save the file where you can find it to attach to your reply.

Thanks
    Mike

5. MINOS

MINOS Registered Member

OK

- there is no \rvs3.log ( deleted)

- i will send "rvs3-inst.log" and MSINFO to the support and post the results.

Thanks for your help !

6. MINOS

MINOS Registered Member

I get an answer from the support :

[#446959] Instalation

"....We are working on a new release that should fix the installation issue."

- do you know when it ( or beta ) is published?
    - and what about my serial ? can i get a new one, or how does it work ?

thanks

7. Coldmoon

Next week or so. It is stable on my test systems so should not be much longer.

What was the version and build of RVS that you are upgrading from? If it is RVS 2008, please let me know as we need to clear that first.

Product registration is now automated after you use the appropriate screen in the program interface to get setup. Lets solve the first part however before we tackle the registration question...

Mike

8. MINOS

MINOS Registered Member

...incredibly, but I have found a solution !

with the tool Process Hacker I could see some starting Drivers/Services (for eample Virus Guard and rvs....( not obviously with Windows Managment Console). I changed the start type on "disabled" and after reboot I could install Returnil easily anew.
    I have a serial from a giveaway few days ago ( hope it works ).

thanks up to here

MINOS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.