installation 4.0.474.0

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by robis, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robis

robis Registered Member

It is possible to install v 4.0.474.0 directly across previous version?

How shoul I backup my firewall rules and other settings, and how should I import this settings to newer version of SS?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. patch

patch Registered Member

I have ESS configured to update program components.
    It goes red when windows updates are not installed.

ESS has not updated from 4.0.467.0 to 4.0.474.0 yet.
    ESS has given no warning yet that it is out of date yet.

Do I just need to wait till it reaches my update server?
    Or has ESET still less confidence it their product than Microsoft updates as surely having ESS out of date will have more effect on ESS operation than not having the latest windows updates.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, As for disabling notifications about missing Windows Updates, see this KB article.

2, As for upgrading to 4.0.474, you'll need to download and install it manually or push the new build via ERA. Anyways, I wouldn't recommend pushing a new build immediately after the release for the very same reason for which you probably don't immediately upgrade the OS on servers and worskstations as soon as a new version is available.
    A program component upgrade is distributed to users after a long time since it'd been made availabe as an installer on the website. Currently a PCU to v. 3.0.395 is being staggered and distributed to v3 users with older builds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.