Install with firewall off

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by michael83815, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael83815

michael83815 Registered Member

How do I install Eset with with the firewall turned off or in learning mode? I do installs over the net and need port 5900 open. I use to be able to do this..

2. cozumel

cozumel Registered Member

Don't think you can permanently disable firewall.

Activate learning mode by:

Setup > Personal firewall > Advanced Personal firewall setup > Filtering Mode

Then from the drop-down menu choose 'Learning Mode' and click 'OK'

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Firewall mode can be selected during installation in advanced mode. Also it's possible to disable it completely or limiting it to scanning of applicatin protocols at a later time by switching fw integration to "Personal firewall is completely disabled" or "Only scan application protocols".

4. michael83815

michael83815 Registered Member

I was using the live installer... I found the full download and problem solved...

5. bluejeanmean

bluejeanmean Registered Member

Marcos could you give step by step directions for that? I'm on VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) which is internet run telephone, and the firewall keeps bottlenecking my calls.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you are using a VoIP service that runs SIP (or some other standard protocol) you might want to try excluding the protocol/ports and server endpoints from being scanned. If you are using a technology like Skype that essentially makes random connections or making direct connections to random endpoints this probably won't work.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.