Install/Running NOD32 on two computers

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Geraner, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Well, l bought NOD32 and did not see that 2 years license, otherwise I would immediatly have gone for that. And that is a new thing to complain about: most NOD32 resellers have a terrible website with no prices at all. Especially the Dutch internet NOD32 resellers are bad in this. You must buy NOD without knowing what you have to pay for it. And more resellers have that policy. Weird.

And to all the others: this is a really funny thread and a really funny site. I know that Paul is Dutch and he will certainly understand what I wrote.

Still: more Roman than the pope.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Feel free to start a new thread about that - let's stay on topic on this one.

Although I fail to see the humor here: glad you like it.

I'll take that as a compliment ;)

Be our guest and elaborate in a new thread in this regard.

Blue actually said it all.

regards.

paul

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I really hate to see my grand son growing up in a world where there are more and more young people that think it is alright to steal anothers property and try to rationalize that it is ok. This planet is going to be in a real mess with thinking like that. It is really a shame that there are morals and ethics like that. I think goodness I was not raised like that. I was raised to respect anothers property and try to lead others in that direction, not suggest that it was alright to steal and and be self righeous about it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  4. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

agreed

5. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I'm 41 and I bought it. And what God has to do with this is beyond me ;)

6. Howard

Howard Registered Member

My license for NOD32 is until 28 August 2007 and that is the only act of faith you will get from me around here ;)

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This thread is being closed subject to Admin review.

Blackspear.

8. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

After review, the thread has been reopened.

Posters should please note:

1. The primary question of the thread - can NOD32 be installed on 2 home PC's simultaneously with 1 NOD32 license - has been answered and the answer is no.
    2. It is one thing to disagree with the licensing terms of NOD32 and weigh that factor in your purchase or advice to others. It is another matter to publicly advise others to explicitly ignore the terms of the license.
    3. Regardless of one's opinion on the license question, implicit or explicit bashing of a personal nature is unwarranted.
    4. The thread will remain open for the next few hours for final comment, after which time it will be closed since the primary question has been answered.
    5. General discussions of AV licensing schemes are the domain of the Other AV forum and threads related to that topic should be initiated there.

Regards,

Blue

9. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

I have no problem with the official answer. I just hope, that as I've been told, it will be okay to install NOD on my new machine (running XP) when I buy it in the New year as I currently bought NOD for Win 98 platform. When I buy the new machine the old will be formatted and sold

10. Paul Wilders

nod32_9,

your last post has been removed. Blue has been very explicit in his last statement. Either live up to the rules over here, or consider to hang your hat elsewhere on the web. Not open for discussion.

regards.

paul

11. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Huwge,

Nod's license agreement is pretty straight forward.

LICENSING AGREEMENT:
    By breaking this seal, the user hereinafter agrees to abide by all the terms and conditions of the following agreement that nobody ever reads, as well as the Geneva Convention and the U.N. Charter and the Secret Membership Oath of the Benevolent Protective Order of the Elks and such other terms and conditions, real and imaginary, as the Software Company shall deem necessary and appropriate, including the right to come to the user's home and examine the user's hard drive, as well as the user's underwear drawer if we feel like it, take it or leave it, until death do us part, one nation indivisible, by the dawn's early light,...finders keepers, losers weepers, thanks you've been a great crowd, and don't forget to tip your servers.

Happy Holidays....Peace on Earth and Good will to All :cool:

12. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

NO PROBLEMO.

13. Paul Wilders

Glad the message came through.

regards,

paul

14. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No problem at all Huwge in this scenario, and should you have a problem (which you won't) then send me a PM and I'll sort it out, how’s that ;) :D

Sleep easy, you will not have a problem :D

Merry Christmas

Blackspear :D

15. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Far and away the most sensible option. Companies like DiamondCS (ProcessGuard), Privacy Software Corporation (BOClean), Agnitum (Outpost) and Frisk Software (F-Prot) offer "family licences" allowing for use on multiple PCs within a household (though exact specifics vary).

If Eset were to offer a similar facility for NOD32, I'd jump for it - but as someone who is looking to set up a home network in the near future, I do not wish to burden myself with software that demands "per-user" licencing.

16. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Thanks Blackspear, nice to have your input. :D

17. Paul Wilders

Thanks all for your extra input.

All who wanted to do so have had the opportunity to comment for approx. another six hours. This thread is closed from now on.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.