Install problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DuncanN, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuncanN

DuncanN Guest

I am new to NOD32 and am impressed with the package thus far. However I am having problems with a couple of issues.

1. I have created two remote install packages, which have Silent mode disabled. When I run Nod32installer.exe from the shares that contain both packages (Share and security permissions = everyone full) I get spurious results. On most occasions I get no response at all and the PC just sits there with no application processes running. Occasionally I get the following message:
    NOD32 Kui : Error occurred during communication with NOD32 Kernel Service
    On very rare occasions I get an installation message which detects that I am 19 updates behind the current version and requests that I install NOD by clicking yes.
    One of the packages works more often than the other. Once one package works, the other package works also. This situation occurs on various PCs.

2. I have run the latest ndntenst.exe on my pc and my pc is now able to uninstall correctly. What is the best way to distribute the new version to all existing client PC's. Could any one explain a step by step guide please?

I would appreciate any further help that you can offer on these issues, especially the first one.

Regards

Duncan

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. DuncanN

DuncanN Guest

I have downloaded and installed the file, but it seems to be for the older version1. I emailed ESET support and they recommended that I use the ntntenst.exe file to enable me to uninstall nod. I am having real trouble trying to perform a remote install, so decided to use my pc as a test bed, hence the reason to run a clean uninstall. They didn't make me aware that it was for single user.
    When I get the correct version, how do I roll it out to others?
    Do i somehow create a packet locally on my pc then save it to our server as a script?

Any further help would be appreciated.

Duncan

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. DuncanN

DuncanN Guest

I have configured a Mirror on Remote Administration Server and also configured a Remote Console. I have succesfully push installed out a package to over 350 clients, but some of them do not respond to the push out. Therefore I need further advice on how to install from a share and also as a side issue how to update those already running a NOD package in future.

Hope this helps to clarify

Thanks

Duncan

6. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I also have seen this and has happened to me, but with WIN98 only. Which you are unable to push down to. For windows 98 I installed it manually by downloading it off the web and then in the NOD32 System Setup under System Tools in the Control Console I have it point to my RA server. Once it connects to my RA server I push the config file (.xml). That way it gets all of my settings that I configured.

7. DuncanN

DuncanN Guest

Thanks for your reply and I can see how that may work, but I still have around 350 installs remaining. There has to be a way to install consistently from a share without running around to every PC. I have managed to install a couple of PCs' using the share method, which then work fine. Most times, however the pc gets no visible response once the Nod32installer.exe is run.
    I have even enabled a firewall to detect port usage and my pc definately makes the connection.

Any more help would be appreciated.

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Duncan,

Please drop support@eset.com an email, and cc me a copy (webmaster_at_wilderssecurity.com).

regards.

paul

9. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Are these all win98 machines? I also had trouble getting my installer file to work. I think it might because of the executable file that I used. I think you would want to create a different installer file for win98 and 2000/xp.

Brian

10. DuncanN

DuncanN Guest

Bsilva,
    I have created seperate NIP files for 98 and 2000 units by default in the package management tools. Most of our PCs' are NT4 and newer OS, but I havent got around to the older units yet.

Must admit that I also suspect the exe, but I cannot understand why it works on some occasions and not on others?

11. DuncanN

DuncanN Guest

I have made some progress.

It appears the the Nod32installer.exe file is at fault and does not always run. If i run the Ntdntenst.exe file instead, it runs everytime.

Is there any way that the Ntdntenst.exe file can interrogate the contents of the nod32_98.nip and nod32_nt.nip that reside in the same server directory? As this would use the correct anti virus configuration settings and resolve all outstanding issues..... I hope.

12. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I don't believe you can do it that way. The only way I can think that working for you is to run it through the command prompt using the commands and have it use that nip file you want.

ie:
    ndnteste.exe /CFG = config.xml

13. DuncanN

DuncanN Registered Member

The ndntenst.exe works fine once I unpacked it into separate shares marked up for NT and 9x users. It seems that the nod32installer.exe only works intermittently, which was the root cause of the problem.
    I have pointed a couple of batch files to retrieve data from a config.xml file and it now works every time.

Bsilva thanks for your help

14. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

No problem, glad to see it works. :)

15. mayday20n

mayday20n Registered Member

DURING push installations i receive errors hello
    During the remote instalations from Nod32 Remote administrator Console, I receive errors:

Could not install nod32 installer onto target komputer (SC error code 11, Gle error code 5).

this error means probably access denied but i would know more about this. How to solve this problem and made possible remote installations on this computers. I guess that configurations of windowsn clients is the key but dont know what to do and what options should change.

THX FOR ANY HELP.

16. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can resolve it by using a correct admin user/pass, or by setting at least a simple password if it's blank.

17. mayday20n

:D IT works on first so i think it works on others thx;

18. mayday20n

Hello i have few more errors and questions about remote instalations

RES error code 13, GLE error code 0

GLE error code 32 ( nod installer could not create temporrary file C:\winnt\ ...

SC 11 GLE 1722

I would be grateful for explenations or for give me direction where I should find smth about errors. On Esset www isn't anything about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.