Install PerfectDisk7.0 over Diskeeper9.0

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by rdsu, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi,

I installed the PerfectDisk 7.0 and uninstall the Diskeeper 9.0, but after this, the programs can't connect to the internet...

I had to start the windows with the previous last good settings and uninstall the PerfectDisk...

In another PC I uninstalled the Diskeeper 8.0 or O&ODefrag 6.5, and everything worked fine...

I want to know if someone are having the some problem?

Thanks

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I don't use diskeeper, I only use perfectdisk. I never had any problems with it.

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I tried the others version of PerfectDisk and I had problems with it, but now I test it on another PC and it works very well, so I want to use it on my laptop, but I can't... :(

I've to wait until the next "format"...

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I found the source problem. It's because of ProcessGuard.

I uninstall it to see of some problems could be resolved and know everything works fine...

I don't know if I have to disable the ProcessGuard when installing a new defrag or something like that...

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

When I upgraded PerfectDisk ProcessGuard was no problem. What I do when installing trusted software, is disable PG, do the install, then before rebooting, turn PG back on in learning mode, reboot, run the program and then turn off PG learning mode. Has worked well for me. Needless to say I am not online.

Pete

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

It seems that we need to disable the ProcessGuard when want to install something... ;)

7. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

I am going to disable PG to install PerfectDisk simply because they have been around awhile and I trust that they will not install malware on my computer. They have a reputation (for me at least) as being a legitimate company. Even so, before I run the install program. I scan it with one antivirus and two trojan scanners.

I only disable PG when installing software downloaded directly from a developers website that has a established reputation of being above board. I always keep PG enabled when downloading software from 3rd party websites as these sites can not be trusted. PG only blocks a install if it tries to install a driver or service. Most software, other than security software or software associated with hardware, has no business installing services or drivers....at least on my computer.

Starrob

8. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Very good idea.
    Geard

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Every now and then I forget. It's a pain allowing all the installs, which I really don't want in my security list. It just is easier and cleaner to disable PG first.

Again my caveats. Offline, and trusted software. If not sure I go into the First Defense secondary snapshot. There I can afford to be careless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.