Install issue, serial number not valid... ??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jondeejay, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jondeejay

Jondeejay Registered Member

Hi,
    I bought Acronis True Image Home exactly a week ago now, and I still can't use it... :(
    I've downloaded the setup file with the link provided in the confirmation email I received, when the setup asks me for my serial number, I copy/paste this one (again, from the confirmation e-mail I received after my order) and it tells me this serial number is not correct... o_O
    I've read the sticky topic about illegally sold Acronis software, but that can't be it since I've ordered it directly from the Acronis online shop...
    I've already tried to get in touch with the support team twice by filling the form on Acronis website, first in french (I'm from France), then as I had no answer, in english too just to be sure, still no answer...
    Hope someone can help me here !

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Do a forum search using the word serial . Seems other French version users have has a problem too.

One suggestion is to make sure any previous trial or other versions are uninstalled. Clear out the Windows Temp folder and IE temp folders for good measure. Probably a good idea to uninstall your current attempt as well and start over.

You could also run a registry cleaner to get rid of any Acronis True Image entries as well before trying a reinstall.

If that doesn't work it is likely you are going to have to get Acronis into finding a solution.

3. Jondeejay

Yep I already tried to delete the setup file, temp files, clean the registry etc... Re-downloaded the setup file but still the same...
    I just talked with someone from Acronis Support via Live Chat (didn't see there was a live chat, should I've tried it first !), He made me download the setup file again from a different location, but the problem was still here, so He told me I will be giving a new serial number very soon. Very efficient live chatting I must say :)
    I'll post here again when I have the new serial number to say if it worked !

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Which Windows temp folder did you try?

The one that TI is sensitive to, is located at;

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Local Settings\Temp.

Colin

5. Jondeejay

Just received my new serial number, works like a charm, problem solved :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.