install ESET Smart Security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dark alez, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark alez

dark alez Registered Member

hi guys when i want to install the ESET Smart Security i have a proplem

223840726.jpg

this is my proplem i want any wane to now my how to fix it pleaze :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

3. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

I had the same problem when I installed newest version over the 4.2.64 version. I ended up doing a 'system restore'.

I am wondering what to do now. I see ESET has a tool to download to uninstall
    but I also see when I go into 'start' and click on ESET that there is an uninstall link.

My question is, what is the difference? Can I just use the uninstall link that already comes with ESET?

Thank you for any information.

KOR-

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello HealingStargate,

The uninstall tool is designed to make sure that all traces of an ESET security product are removed. This allows for a completely clean install.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. ozradar

ozradar Registered Member

I am having strange situation trying to update to 4.2.67 from 4.2.64.12. Have never had a problem updating before. When i ran the install for the new version, it uninstalled the current version, tried to install new version and then started rolling back and then came up with it could install due to an error. Then i noticed that i had no internet connectivity, and when looked in Device manager > Hardware.. noticed that the Nvidia ethernet controller was asterisked. On checking the drivers properties, it said no drivers installed and when tried to update/reinstall the driver, it would not allow, saying "Data is invalid". I rebooted computer, bust same result. I thought maybe something to do with the ESET ethernet mini ports having been uninstalled, so used the ESET uninstall utility, rebooted and then tried a fresh install of the new version. Started installing then the same happened, it rolled back, said it can't install due to error. No error definition though. I checked my device manager and noticed that the Nvidia ethernet was totally gone. Scanned for hardware changes, it picked up the Ethernet NIC and tried to install but came up with "Data is invalid" message. I had done a Ghost backup in the morning, so restored the drive, and now i am stumped as to why it would happen.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You did not mention which nVidia chipset/driver you were using or the version of Microsoft Windows in your message, so it is hard to say for certain, but if you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, perhaps running the ESET NDIS Repair Tool will fix the networking stack so that you can reinstall ESET Smart Security.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. ozradar

Sorry Aryeh

I am running windows XP Pro SP 3, with a Gigabyte K8N-SLI mobo. Chipset specs are:
    1.NVIDIA nForce4 SLI MCPs (media and communication processors)
    2.Super I/O: ITE IT8712 chip
    3.Integrated peripherals
    1.CICADA8201 Gigabit LAN PHY chip
    2.Realtek ALC850 Audio AC'97 Codec

Has the last BIOS update avaliable for the mobo. AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor. 1GB RAM. Nvidia nForce 4 drivers version 67.8.9.0

Won't let me update to any other version.

cheers

8. ozradar

All sorted. What happened was that ESET Smart Security 4.2.64.12 had somehow blocked the LAN/miniport drivers from being acceessed for change/update. After using the ESET uninstall tool in safe mode, I was able to update the Nvidia drivers, and do a fresh install of the new ESET Smart Security 4.2.67.10 and all is working fine now.. phew what a frustrating time it was tho. Never had this problem before. ESET updates have always been trouble free and ESET has never blocked change/update access to Nvidia driver updates before either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.