Install and/or upgrade

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Grandad, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grandad

Grandad Registered Member

Maybe a dumb question but as I read thru this forum I can see that nothing is as simple as it appears to be.
    I've d/l trueimage7.0.638_s_en some months ago and obtained the registration via Acronis, a special offer.
    About 10 days ago I purchased V10 upgrade (again from Acronis site) and received the registration number & link before I d/l TrueImage10[1].0_s_en.
    Neither of the two yet installed or used. Any special procedure or tips before I get it wrong?

I'm on XP Pro. Hard drive space no problem and I'm using various partitions but have a large spare partition to play with.
    My intention is to write/image to an Iomega USB drive.
    Any suggestions, regarding installation, most welcome.

2. Grandad

Update and/or install

Maybe a dumb question but as I read thru this forum I can see that nothing is as simple as it appears to be.
    I've d/l trueimage7.0.638_s_en some months ago and obtained the registration via Acronis, a special offer.
    About 10 days ago I purchased V10 upgrade (again from Acronis site) and received the registration number & link before I d/l TrueImage10[1].0_s_en.
    Neither of the two yet installed or used. Any special procedure or tips before I get it wrong?
    I'm on XP Pro. Hard drive space no problem and I'm using various partitions but have a large spare partition to play with.
    My intention is to write/image to an Iomega USB drive.
    Any suggestions, regarding installation, most welcome.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

You will need the serial number of v7 plus the serial of v10. V7 install is not needed. Only install v10.

After installing, be sure and create the Rescue CD.

Suggest your first image be a full "disk" image which includes all partitions--both hidden and diagnostic--include everything. Be sure and validate the completed images--especially using the Rescue CD validation.

Hopefully, part of your backups can be to your external drive. Should you need to replace your system drive, it would be highly probable that the restore would occur from this drive.

ps: From one grandad to another.

4. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

5. Grandad

Thanks GroverH, exactly what I wanted to know and even more. The idea was to use the external drive 99.9% for backup only.
    Also thanks Kento for the tip regarding MD5. I've d/l xcsc and checked. The number matches although the alpha characters are capital letters. The version is 10.0.0.4942, should be fine?
    I will give attention to the Rescue CD validation.
    Again, thanks folk for the complete answers. From here I'll study the 2.5 MB pdf help guide and hopefully follow all the instructions.

6. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Re: Update and/or install

Download and read the User Guide. This is the most important step.

Make sure that you have the lastest build of ATI v10. Login to your Customer Account on the ATI website and download the v10 file. Please note that ATI does not have "upgrade" files as such. The download is the FULL version. The "upgrade" is only to enable existing users to benefit from a price reduction when they "upgrade". But technically there is no such thing as an "upgrade" to ATI.

I recommend that you completely uninstall any previous version of ATI. Make sure that you get rid of all the files and use a Registry Checker (like Advanced Uninstaller Pro) to check that all ATI Registry entries have been deleted.

Disconnect from the Internet and disable your Firewall, AntiVirus and any Spyware monitoring software.

Install ATI v10.

Immediately backup your Data files using the My Data option and then create an Image of your System and Programs disk (or partition) using the My Computer option.

T.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I have merged two threads created by Grandad (as they ask the same question) to ease future searches.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. Grandad

Thank you Marat, I think I noticed that at a point but wasn't sure. I'll be more careful.
    Can't afford similar actions when working within Acronis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.