Install Agent for Linux

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lambda379, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lambda379

lambda379 Registered Member

I'm trying to run True Image Agent for Linux, but the linux system always freezes when I try to run it. I get a kernel panic error.

The installation says it is successful only after I seperately build snapapi26 with the following command: dkms build -m snapapi26 -v 0.7.5 --kernelsourcedir /usr/src/linux-2.6.9-42.cc. The linux installation is on a ClarkConnect box.

I'm no linux expert, so I'm not sure that I correctly build the snapapi26.

What would cause a kernel panic error after trying to run True Image Agent for Linux?

2. lambda379

lambda379 Registered Member

Well I finally got the Agent to install by disabling the dkms auto installer. I have successfully created an image of the Linux hard drive through the Management Console, but I have not been able to get a "Scheduled Task" to work. It gets to the "Preparing" screen and nothing else happens. Is it possible to create a task using the Management Console to create an image of a linux box? It must have to do with permissions to run the task.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.