Inside or out?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dave49, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Since the task runs OK manually in TrueImage you’re almost there. I suspect that the Windows Task Scheduler configuration isn’t quite right. I would try setting it up again making certain that every character and space is correct. I believe that you do realize that creating a new task in True Image will create a new script name that must be used when configuring the Windows Scheduled Task.

2. Dave49

Dave49 Registered Member

Yeah. I deleted the task in task manager and redid the configuration from the beginning of the new task wizard. I got the new script and pasted it in. But when I try to run the task manually, it just says task could not start. I don't know what it could be.

~Dave

3. Bruce Mahnke

In the Windows scheduler did you completely delete the existing task and then re-create it?

4. Dave49

Dave49 Registered Member

Yes. It's got me stumped.

~Dave

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Some things to check:

Did you paste in the all the appropriate paths, including startup directory? I know *I* have a terrible time getting them jsut right when putting a task inthe Windws scheduler. And unless they're letter perfect, they won't work.

Did you remember the slash in front of and the colon behind scripts?

good luck

6. Dave49

Dave49 Registered Member

I actually saved the notepad file from the last time. So I reopened it and just deleted and pasted in the new script. And that's what I used for the new task. It was all just a matter of copy and paste.

In fact here it is:

"C:\Progtam Files\CommonFiles\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeServices.exe" /script:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts\9272B251-CF07-4534-8EED-1DE628B68DE8.tib.tis"

~Dave

7. Bruce Mahnke

I'll look this over more thoroughly but initially I see a typo: Program is mispelled

"C:\Progtam Files\CommonFiles\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeServices.exe" /script:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts\9272B251-CF07-4534-8EED-1DE628B68DE8.tib.tis"

8. Dave49

Dave49 Registered Member

Thanks for that. I must really be getting old. :oops:

But I fixed that and it still won't run. Maybe I have an extra space in the wrong place or something.

Thanks for your help.

~Dave

9. Bruce Mahnke

I believe I see two other issues.

1. There should be a space between CommonFiles (should read Common Files).
    2. Your expression TrueImageHomeServices.exe" should read TrueImageHomeService.exe" (not the plural form).

10. Dave49

Dave49 Registered Member

That's got it. It works now. I can't believe I could be so stupid. But there it is.

Thanks very much for your help again. I saved the changed text. In the future, it should just be a matter of plugging in whatever the new script is.

~Dave

11. Bruce Mahnke

Happy to hear that it worked out. Those mistakes are easy to make. Having someone else, where practical, look at it can frequently help whereas the original author may not easily find it.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.