Initialization Failure WinXP on Eset AV 4.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Philippe_FR22, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,
    I just answered a post concerning initialization failure but that post was moved due to the fact that the release was ESET NOD32 v2. I think the mentionned post should be moved back to this forum because it is applicable to v4.

I experienced same problems either on v3 and v4 and I think this is linked to virus signature updates and engine reinitialization after having taken into account the new virus database.

I did not identified the problem more deeply but I'm sure that is not a lack of memory problem.

I recently wrote a similar post on this forum but unfortunately I did not received any help about this problem

Regards

2. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

Philippe_FR22,

Please create a support ticket and include a sysinspector log.

http://www.eset.com/support/contact.php

Here are instructions for the sysinspector log:

1. Download SysInspector here:

http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php

2. Click the green arrow to the right of the desired version. When prompted to Run or Save, click ‘Save’ and save the file to your Desktop.

3. Double-click the SysInspector icon on your Desktop and click ‘Run’.

4. Once the analysis is finished, the SysInspector main program window will be displayed. Press CTRL + S on your keyboard to save the log file. Click ‘Yes’ to confirm and then save the log file to your computer.

Cheers!

3. Philippe_FR22

Hello,
    I contacted french support for this issue... I was suggested to upgrade with the last release (4.0.417) just to see if this new release corrected this problem.
    After one week test, the problem occured, one more time... During a virus database update, the eset engine failed to initialized...

The target PC was an old PC with KT7 mortherboard with an AMD ATHLON 800MHz...

This week-end, I will send some more information to french support...

I noticed that eset french support was in fact eset distributor affiliate and I was wondering if such a support was really technical efficient...

To my mind, regarding my problem analysis, this problem could be due to timer expiracy failure, but I need more analysis....

Regards

PHIL

4. Philippe_FR22

Hello All,

Well, I'm using NOD32 since the release 2.7 and for the first time, this year I'm really wondering if, in next september, I will renew my licence. I have two PC and because of this problem (and no solution at this moment) on one of both PC, I probably will change antivirus for only one reason : to be sure to be protected with the highest high availability ! That is not the case today, because about once a week, I'm obliged to perform some action to re-initialize NOD32 antivirus engine on the mentionned PC... During the period I'm notified that there is such a problem and the time I can solve the problem (because generaly, I'm not at home at this moment), this PC is not protected... I mean about - at least 6 hours -, once a week...

Regards

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can contact your reseller and ask for a refund if you are unable to make the program work. You're an exception as probably none of millions of our users haven't run into such a problem. I assume it could be either an interference with other software/drivers or rather a problem with memory (e.g. faulty ram module or something like that).

6. Philippe_FR22

Hello Marcos,
    I'm sure it is not a ram problem, but more probably a timer expiracy problem...
    Now regarding french support, it is poor... But I hope my request will be taken into account...
    Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.