Initialization failed

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by BTIsaac, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTIsaac

BTIsaac Registered Member

Everything was working fine today, until I turned off my computer around 6 and restarted it around 9 (Little more than an hour before this post). I got the following error message:
    Virus scanner could not be initialized. Nod32 system modules may not function properly.

The Event Log contained the following entries:
    Virus scanner could not be initialized. Nod32 system modules may not function properly.
    Error initializing file submission system. (Used to send suspicious files for analysis).

At the same time, the signature database was updated to version 4084, and I wasn't notified of that. There isn't even an entry about that.

My version of NOD32 is 2.7, by the way (just in case I mistakenly stated otherwise somewhere else).

I saw two other people complaining about the same issue in another thread, both of them using different versions, but those complaints were left unanswered.

Since the initial occurrence, more than an hour has passed, I restarted the computer twice, ran a virus scan, a manual update check and a statistical information submission, but the error did not occur a second time.

I'd like to know what could've caused this, what it means, is a repeat incident possible and if so, how to fix it.

2. BTIsaac

Okay, I can understand moving this topic to a more appropriate section, but without so much as a single comment?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I for one have no clue as to what could be causing the error.

4. BTIsaac

Well, darn it.
    Anyway, there was no repeat incident so far, though I wouldn't calm down until 24 hours have passed since the first occurrence. It will take a few days till I get back to my computer. I'll call in if there will be a repeat incident.

Edit: Okay, it looks like this is what happened:
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/...ubmission-system-initialization-failed-error/

The symptoms are the same. And hopefully, everything is fine now.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.