Initial Installation Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pangdene, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pangdene

pangdene Registered Member

Hi,

I've been using nod32 on my own PC for a while and am very happy with it, so I recommended it to a friend.

I've just tried installing the trial version on his Windows XP Home SP2 machine and have hit a problem.

The software installed fine and the PC re-booted.

Then during the boot up process, Nod tries to load up to check memory.
    Well the splash screen and an empty control centre panel just sits there for a quite a while; nothing happens.

Then a dialogue box pops up, headed nod32kui, stating an error occurred connecting to the kernal service (Sorry I didn't get the exact words).

As a result there's no nod32 program running or in the system tray.

The same thing happens if I try to start the control center.

If I then run nod32 to do an on demand scan, I can scan the hard disk, but the first thing in the log is -
    "error occurrred while scanning operating memory. System memory cannot be scanned. (the kernal service is not running or an error occurred while loading nod32m1.vxd)"

The only problem I'm aware of with the PC (I'm no expert) is that the owner is currently having big problems getting out to the Internet using http/https/ftp because of issues with the ISP (BT).

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you very mcuh,

Regards
    P :)

2. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

3. pangdene

Hi,

okay, so the solution is to uninstall, reboot, install until it works?

Regards
    P :)

4. 'G'

'G' Registered Member

This does happy on a perfectly installed NOD32 installation also - mine. It happens to me too often not to report it as an annoyance.

I wish ESET would fix this as it will not start from the Control Panel either.

A reboot is required and a wait and see approach as Windows is booted.

It is as if the service priory of the NOD32 service components need to be given higher priority so this does not happen.

5. pangdene

Well, I have spent an hour uninstalling, re-booting, installing, re-booting - still no joy.

So much for me recommending this "better than anything else on the market" anti-virus software to my friend; it won't even install on his PC!!!!

Suffice it to say that he's decided to go with a free anti-virus software, that installed first time.

Will I be trying to persuade him to get rid of that and try and install NOD32 again - no chance; I look stupid enough already :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.