Info on BOClean

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Aramet, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aramet

Aramet Registered Member

Can someone please provide me with any information regarding the anti-trojan program called BOClean? I have installed it, seems to work very well, but read in another forum it actually downloads viruses. Is this true? Thank you.

2. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Nothing worse than inuendos....
    BoClean is one of the top nocth product in its field.

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Even as somebody who develops software that essentially competes against BOClean I can assure you that BOClean doesn't "download viruses" or anything of that nature :). It'a a legitimate anti-trojan program.

Best regards,
    Wayne

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks Wayne for the honesty. Kevin has been saying lots of good things about your product recently too, in at least two forums that I frequent. There's nothing like competitors working together to defeat a common "bad guy".

Acadia

5. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Like others have mentioned, this is not true. I believe what you were referring to was a mention of a "cracked" (illegal) version of BOClean. There is risk of introducing virii/trojans/and other types of malware to your system with any "cracked" software you install.

6. root

root Registered Member

If a statement like that goes unchallenged on a forum, I would avoid that forum in the future.
    It's bad enough that there are many programs that do not perform as advertised, but to put down one of the best programs available, is to me, one of the greatest disservices a person can perform on a forum with new people.
    You might consider sticking around Wilders for a while and get some thoughts and opinions from people that know a little more what they are talking about.
    BTW, I don't even use BO CLean, but I know from the posts of many sharp people that it is an excelent product.

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I fully agree with the above replies !
    BOClean will NEVER do that !!!

I fully agree with Root's posting:
    "If a statement like that goes unchallenged on a forum, I would avoid that forum in the future."

I would like to give very special thanks to Wayne for his reply!!!!!
    Kudos to you Wayne !!!!! [​IMG]
    And a BIG karma cookie for you !!!!!

Cheers, Jan (big fan of both Wayne and Kevin).

8. Aramet

Aramet Registered Member

Thank you all for your response to my question re: BoClean. I particularly appreciate Root's view of not returning to the forum that provided this "disinformation" and thank you for the suggestion that I stick around here where people really know what is going on. I am a very new computer user and want to be sure I am only adding good protection and programs. Thanks again for the help.

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Aramet, welcome to the forum and good you found this place!
    Many new users here and nobody will really forget we all ever started somewhere and grow in our own way into the computer, internet and security experiences.
    Look around, ask questions like you already started with.
    In this forum the people are seriously trying to help you and the tools advised are free where possible and the best shareware top notch products -- but it is always your own choice what you like to run on your own system.
    People are always here to help you out if we can where you ask so i hope you feel very ok here, like all others.

There is no real quick tour through the forums --growing as this place is almost needed :) but try to visit all the places here and you learn from each thread something useful or eyeopening.
    Enjoy!

10. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Another warm welcome to Wilders, Aramet, and I will take the privledge of givin' ya your first karma cookie for coming here and asking your question; rather than just believing what you heard :D

11. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hey all - I've split off the last 3 responses to this thread and put them in "software & services"
    here

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=16989

Nobody did anything wrong; I just think that Aramet is likely to get more general software/security advice in that section :D

12. nameless

nameless Registered Member

BOClean is the best bargain in the security software business, and I'll tell you why: For a $40 fee, you get the software, all the updates, and entertainment. Yes, entertainment! Ever read Kevin McAleavey's emails? :D

13. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

LOL. Indeed, even when he's gone over my head and I don't understand what the hell he's talking about, he is still making me laugh.

Acadia

14. Optional decoder and whizzer ring sold separately, void where prohibited by Microsoft service puck. :)

DIFFICULT WORDS TO SAY WHEN YOU ARE DRUNK.
    Specificity
    Indubitably
    Innovative
    Preliminary
    Proliferation
    Cinnamon
    British Constitution

IMPOSSIBLE WORDS TO SAY WHEN YOU ARE DRUNK
    Thanks, but I don't want sex.
    No, I don't want another drink.
    No kebab for me thank you.
    Sorry, but you're not good looking enough for me.
    Good evening officer
    I'm not interested in fighting you.
    No one wants to hear me sing.

15. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

LOL

Kevin's at it again! :D

Snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.