Info needed on AV's with 3 pc protection

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by T_Durden, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

I should know this but never tried so didnt look into it. When a AV product covers 3 pc's (usually per home) you cant use it on an outside hardwired pc at all or is there a way around it? Can they tell? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I've been using the Norton Internet Security 3 PC license for a few years. I'm not sure what you mean by an "outside hardwired PC". I don't believe they're trying to track PCs by IP address if that's what you're wondering. I use my license on two wired PCs and one laptop that I carry around and connect via Wi-Fi. If you're wanting to share a license with someone it would probably work, but I don't know if it would be violating the EULA.

3. T_Durden

Can another desktop in another home wired to a modem use one of the 3 is what i was trying to get at. Its an old pc of mine and I'm re installing everything so can register it back in my name but it would be under her name on the internet bill if they do look for IP's. What would be an easy to maintain free set up other wise? I was thinking avg 2011 with mbam and Hitman or even easier, MSE with the other two. I would just like to get use out of the other two that the paid is covering because i wont use them.

4. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

I've got a 3 PC license for Norton Internet Security 2011, and use it in my home on a laptop and a hardwired desktop. The third license is used by my daughter on a laptop in another city. I've been sharing a NIS license key with her for years with no problem.

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

ive never had any issues with doing that. in fact many of my customers buy 3 pc lic's so they can give one to their child or maybe their sister/brother etc.. but never had any issues with any company doing that.

6. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Ditto. Using 5 of 6 NIS 2011's in home on 3 wired desktops, 2 wireless laptops and 1 of 6 on son's laptop at another location. Never gave it a second thought and would be really p---ed off if it was an issue - absolutely no reason for a problem - 6 machines is 6 machines.

7. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

No where does it mention "usually per home". You can use it anywhere.

8. T_Durden

The box does in fact say per household which surprised me because most stores i've seen the program at only sell the 3 user instead of the 1. That alone is BS,leaving no options unless you buy it online which I wont do.

Thanks for all your responses. I guess i'll give it a try but one last question. If I do install it on an outside pc, it will be its own program right? Not anything that will link her to my pc or the software? Thanks again

9. malexous

malexous Registered Member

If you will be using the key that came with the box, you will probably be violating the License Agreement.

As others have shown, they don't look into it.

The only thing that links you to each other will be the account and key. You'll have to use the same email address and password on all machines (At least, I've never attempted to use two accounts with the same key).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  10. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon ! In my own opinion...best buy and value...for dollars spent...is Sunbelt's...Vipre Premium...for $69.95...you can cover all computers within your household...not limited to just three p.c.'s. I sourced this info from Sunbelt's Site...check it out...seems to be an excellent offer. Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.