Info appended to emails twice or three times

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jacqui D, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacqui D

Jacqui D Registered Member

Can someone confirm if this is normal behavior from ESS? When I had NOD32 2.7 installed email messages were only ever appended once. Now when I open my email there are two or sometimes three appended ESS items, sometimes with different versions of scanning signatures.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Jacqui

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  2. cdr

cdr Registered Member

:) I don't know if this is "normal," and it's surely not ideal, but I also experience it! I am using OE, and there are usually 2 or 3 ESS tags tacked on the end of each e-mail I receive. I have set it to indicate that it has scanned received mail. The only thing I can think of why it does this is because ESS puts each incoming message into a temporary folder and scans it for viruses and then for spam. I guess it puts the tag on the same e-mail each time it checks it for each of these. This might not be why, but that's the only thing I can think of. It's not very "pretty" having those multiple tags, but at least for now I know that all messages are being scanned.:D Ideally, it would just wait until it finishes all of these processing steps and then put one tag at the end.

3. Jacqui D

Thanks for confirming that I am not alone with this issue. I am using Outlook 2003, and it is quite annoying to see a whole bunch of tags on my received email. I would turn the thing off altogether but I like the visible reassurance that my email is being scanned also.

Jacqui

4. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

You should be searching the forum before posting this, as it has been posted often enough, also with EAV.

5. Jacqui D

Thank you for your reply. I did search the forum before posting and I have just searched all 15 pages again twice and did not find the relevant information. I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Again, many thanks and Happy Holidays,

Jacqui

http://www.jacquidervan.com
    http://www.pbase.com/image/23716406.jpg

6. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

I don't feel like finding all posts, but when you search for: tagging or double tagging or email tagging, you should find enough.
    Happy Holidays tot you too!

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This problem will be eventually resolved in version 3.0.6 available shortly. You can circumvent this by disabling POP3 checking so that email is scanned only once by the Outlook Express plugin. However, if you use Thunderbird or another email client along with OE/Windows Mail, this would result in not scanning incoming POP3 email in these clients.

8. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

shortly means one day or one montho_O

9. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

You're just going to have to wait like the rest of us. They're not going to set a date. If they did that then couldn't follow through because something went drastically wrong you'd be mad wouldn't you?

10. cdr

cdr Registered Member

:D The new .621 version resolved this issue completely! It now appends only one tag! Hooray!
    Nice work, ESET!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.