infiltration moment(+caps)

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by algorian, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. algorian

algorian Registered Member

I was watching a divx movie (full screen).
    Suddenly NOD32 message screen came up and say :
    "infiltration detected :C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Belgeler\mehtap\mehtap.pif" Deleted and quarantined!

First i thougth that some program which i installed did it, but i understand i have forgotten this folder to share!

http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/5513/giris30gr.th.jpg

How can it be!
    I am behind a 4 port adsl modem (I mean behind an NAT)!!!!

I am searching a solution to access my office computer which is behind a NAT since several weeks. I couldn't find any solution approach or program BUT someone can do these how easily!

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I would like to help, but I don't understand your post...
    Could you try again?
    Mrk

3. algorian

algorian Registered Member

Sorry about my English.

Last night someone send 3 or more files to my "shared folder". Yes, its my mistake! I have forgotten that folder shared (not only read also with write permission).

I am using a 4 Ethernet port ADSL modem, 2 computers are connected this modem : mine and my friends computer.
    SO we both has same ip number on internet : 85.98.x.y. (its not static so i don't remember).
    Now here is the question : How can you connect to my computer? 85.98.x.y is not only my computer's ip number. its not ip of my friends computer too. Actually 85.98.x.y is ip number of the modem. We are behind e modem. How can any body connect to my computer and sand some files containing trojan.

Please see attachment image.

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    It's difficult to relate to a string of events from just one image.
    It is possible that a thousand things happened in the background while you watched the movie - the two do not have to be related.
    Having a shared folder is not a problem in itself. It depends who can have access to this folder. You can share folder only at the connection your firewall allows.
    Example: at my home, I have several home networks, and I share folders between computers. But that does not mean anyone on the outside can see these folders. No! They could see them only if they had access to the computer. But it's firewalled.
    Furthermore, you can specify who you want to have sharing access. You can specify users - and that way only the relevant members of a network can share.

What seems more logical is that you used a file that is infected, and your anti-virus alerted you. It is also possible that you or your friend tried to access one another's computer, and that one has an infected file on his PC, which the AV flagged.

Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.