"Infected objects found" Count

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by nameless, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Odd question: Is there any way to manually change the number shown for the Infected objects found counter on the main Ewido window?

I tested Ewido's detection using a test file, so my Infected objects found counter shows 1. I'd like to return it to zero so I don't continually have to keep in mind that the "1" was due to a test, not a real detection...

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

VIA the registry but might be available as a selction in next version.

how to reset ewido's infected objects counter

3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Thanks. I looked at the ewido registry key, and since they encrypt it, was hoping to save myself some work. Oh well. :)

Edit: I got it squared away. I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ewido\config, backed up the whole key, then deleted values immediately under it one-by-one until I found the one that reset the value (by checking the Ewido window each time), and made a note of what that value was. Then, I restored the key from my REG file, and went back and deleted just the one value that made the difference.

Of course, this isn't a recommended procedure, don't try this at home, blah blah...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.