Inexpensive VPN Service?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by synapse46, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synapse46

synapse46 Registered Member

I'm looking for an inexpensive VPN service that can encrypt my traffic to keep it private from ISP etc.. I'm not concerned with anonymity as much as I am about privacy.

I was using shadowvpn for a while and liked their service it was $10/month. I don't know what's going on with them though I paid a couple weeks ago for service but, last week I can't connect and I've e-mailed them and contacted their support from the form on their website with no response.

Maybe they're gone, so I'm trying to find another service.

Is a VPN service using OpenVPN the way to go? What about metropipe? I heard they're close to xerobank whos service I like but, it's not within my budget and I'm not as concerned with anonymity I just need privacy.

Thanks

2. synapse46

synapse46 Registered Member

What do you think of this service - securenetics.com

3. box750

box750 Registered Member

Vforvpn.com the cheapest single hop VPN I know of, $5/month.

They are based in the US, I used their VPN for a few months and was quite happy with them, no downtime and great speed, their IP is/was blacklisted by Undernet, that is all the trouble I had. I reviewed them on my blog if you have any interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.