Indian Heritage

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by SonyaM32, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

I am wondering if anyone here knows about claiming indian land, and annuities ?
    My step dad is almost 100% cherokee indian. And his father recently died, and rite before he died, he told my step dad, to be sure to claim his indian heritage. Which he had no time to ask him how. We think we have the land part almost took care of. But no one seems to know about the annuities. His dad was offered land and money, but he did not take it. So if anyone here knows, we would very much appreciate any help with where to start. And I hope I am allowed to post this here. Thanx Peace Sonya :)

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am 25% cherokee and unless you are on the tribal roll books you are not able to claim anything. You need to have him check to see if he is on the books. If so there are some benefits that are available. I checked and I was not on the books so I didn't qualify for any of the benefits. i hope this helps

check to see if you qualify here

bigc

3. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Bigc, can you tell me where to go within that link to see ?

4. bigc73542

Try this link and if it is not what you want try the one at the bottom of the page the application form

Attached Files:

5. bigc73542

if the above is not the one you need use this one

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.