Incremental .tib size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mitchb9, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitchb9

mitchb9 Registered Member

I have scheduled TI9 to do a full backup (image) on Sunday and then an incremental Monday through Saturday. Since not much change takes place on this PC I expected the incremental.tib to be much smaller but they're about the same size - 25 GB. Am I missing something? Also, how does TI9 know / name an incremental?

Finally, when doing a complete image I'm warned that it will overwrite the full backup image which is what I want but the incremental aren't overwritten and have the same name but with a numeral appended at the end.

All comments appreciated.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Have you run a defragmenter in between the full and the incremental. The size of the incremental is a reflection on the sector contents being different to how they were in the full. This does not necessarily mean that there is extra data on there, but it could mean that files have been moved around.

Once an incremental's base full image is deleted the incrementals are effectively orphaned. Although they are no deleted, they will be automatically overwritten the next time incrementals are produced.

F.

3. mitchb9

mitchb9 Registered Member

Thanks Foghorne .... user error as usual :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.