Incremental File Backup Scheme

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by CharlesB, Mar 13, 2015.

1. CharlesB

CharlesB Registered Member

I switched from TIH 2014 where I was using an incremental back-up scheme for my data files. This scheme was (full backup + 5 incremental backups) repeating for a month, at which point the oldest backups were deleted and replaces with new backups. I suspect that one could produce a script to do something like this in my new DHM 15, but I am not sufficiently knowledgeable to do it.

I wonder is someone has developed a script at least for the first element of the chain (1 full backup + X incremental backups + stop) or for a non-reoccurring chain (1st set followed 2nd, 3rd, etc. sets without removing the old sets). If you have something like this, please share it with people like me who cannot write a script.

Thanks.

2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

Look for "Paragon Retention Wizard" on the Internet. It is unclear how Paragon distribute it. Previously (up to HDM14) it was addon to HDM_Pro, now with HDM_15 it is not, although it works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.