Incremental/Differential Performance

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by darkshadow, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkshadow

darkshadow Registered Member

Incremental and Differential Backups seem much slower than Full. It takes 1:07 to create a 19GB Full Backup. A 2GB Differential Backup of the same drive takes 10:51. The performance of Incremental Backups seems about the same. These all start around 3 or 4 AM and run at Low priority with Normal compression. Times given are for the Image Creation step; they do not include verification, which seems much faster (0:33 and 1:06, respectively). Entire Disk; not Files and Folders.

Is this a kinown problem? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a simple way for me to send my Task definitions?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello darkshadow,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. You can find the build number in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number). To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also note that during the incremental/differential backup creation Acronis True Image analyze the full backup for the changes made since the full backup creation.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and try to create image archives once again. Let us know the results.

Please create Acronis True Image Bootable CD using the latest build 3677 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then boot your computer from this CD and try to create incremental/differential backup, let us know the results.

Also please clarify where are the image archive stored (local or external hard drive, another media)?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Are your backup drives heavily fragmented?

In order to purrform an incremental oar differential backup, TI has to first process the extant tib files to determine what has changed.

Try a good defragger such as Perfect Disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.