Incremental consolidation error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dwsolo, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwsolo

dwsolo Registered Member

I get successful backups for a while, then out of the blue I get an error in the creation of the consolidation-incremental file (having set Acronis to set a small number of incrementals and then to consolidate. I attach a screenprint of the Acronis report and the content of the backup harddrive (as it regards Acronis).
    Any ideas?
    Should i simply not bother with consolidation? Is there some other possible cause?
    Thanks for any ideas
    David

PS I subsequently did a validation which showed that the backup was OK - so what exactly is this error and what notice should I take of it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. dwsolo

dwsolo Registered Member

Further to the above, Acronis appears to be backing up OK since the error. Can anyone tell me whether
    a) I still to do something about the error and
    b) I should delete any of the earlier tib files as shown in the image above or will Acronis automatically transfer the relevant data to the consolidated tib file (if and when there is one)?
    or
    c) would I do better to start a fresh full backup in any case?
    Thanks
    David
    additional note - I attach a view of the tib files currently on my backup portable hard drive. Can I assume that I don't need any but mybackup5.tib and mybackup52.tib and that I can delete the others?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dwsolo,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

It looks like due to unknown reason the consolidation has been interrupted. I would recommend you to create a new backup task and to avoid the consolidation set. This option requires a lot of time and free space on the hard drive.

What is the build number of your program? You can check it navigating mouse cursor to upper line of the program then press ALT + left mouse button -> Help -> About. In the latest builds of the program (9796 for the US and 9769 for Germany) there is an option available at the Backup Method window that allows to delete old backup archives.

When the Remove old archives box is selected, creation of a new full backup in accordance with the specified backup policy results in deletion of the complete old backup chain – the old full backup and its subsequent incremental (or differential) backups regardless of the overall limitations you set on the archive at the Automatic consolidation step.

Also, you can use batch files, for example, Batch file for managing backup sets saved locally. The batch file provided will allow you to set up a backup retention policy for the backup files saved to a folder on the local drive. Please see this article for more information.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

4. dwsolo

dwsolo Registered Member

Thanks Oleg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.