Incremental Backups Has me Baffled

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MaverickOP, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaverickOP

MaverickOP Registered Member

I am first time ATI user (version 7.0 b63:cool:. I've looked in the user's manual for this but just can't figure it out. First, I made a full backup in January and since then have been making incremental back ups. The problem is that whenever I restore an incremental back up, the restored image does not contain the latest information.

For example:

I uninstalled Spyblaster v3.3 and installed v3.4. I made an incremental backup after I checked for viruses and spyware on the system. Today I had to restore that particular image for some personal reasons. When I started up Spyblaster, it showed v3.3 was installed! And yet, I distinctly remember making the incremental backup after I had installed v3.4.

What am I doing wrong?

For making incremental backups, I select the original backup (The full backup I made back in January); type in any pertinent detials and then when Acronis is done making the image, the software automatically assigns an ending suffix to the file to denote they are incremental backups. As in Apr_12; Apr_122; Apr_123; etc. (see the screenshot).

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

If you are a first time user of TI why are you using version 7 when version 8 is current?

For making incremental backups, I select the original backup

It looks as if you are backing up the backup and not the partition/disk that you made your full backup from.

3. MaverickOP

MaverickOP Registered Member

Maybe I like v7.0 better v8.0. Maybe I got v7.0 because at the time it was cheaper than v8.0.

Why does it matter? Who really cares? The question is about incremental back up which is fully available in both versions.

Yeah buddy - I already do that now. Read my post above.

"...For making incremental backups, I select the original backup (The full backup I made back in January); type in any pertinent details ...."

But thanks for the helpful response - it's been enlightening. :doubt:

(And "backing up the back up".... that's pretty original... could you possibly be any more muddy/unclear about that?).......*sigh*

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MaverickOP,

We also strongly recommend you to download Acronis True Image 8.0 (826 build). In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

Please describe how did you restore your image? Did you select the full image or the incremental image for restoration?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Try selecting the previous incremental not the original full backup when you are doing another incremental backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.