Incremental backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mr_Natural, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Natural

Mr_Natural Registered Member

what I would like to do is schedule a full backup once a week and then schedule an incremental backup every night based on the most recent full back up. My question is: If I do a weekly backup, then the first incemental backup will be based on the full backup. If, a week later, I do another full backup, will the next incemental backup be based on the new full back up or the original full back up. How do I get the incremental backups to attach itself to the newest full back up or do I have to re-schedule the incremental bkups each time I do a full back up.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Mr Natural,

Provided you use the same file name for the new full image as the original then the old incrementals will be progressively overwritten by the new ones.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mr_Natural,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that since you created the scheduled task to create the full backup every week (let it be Monday for example and the full backup archive name is MyBackup.tib) then the file name for all the full backups created every Monday will be MyBackup.tib. And therefore, as Menorcaman mentioned the incremental backups each week will be based on this new full backup. The incremental backups names will be MyBackup2.tib, MyBackup2.tib, ... , MyBackup7.tib and will be overwritten by the new ones.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.