Incremental Backup of Outlook2003 via Task: Filesize / No Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ber4116, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ber4116

ber4116 Registered Member

Hi,

we are using TrueImage Home 11/2009 to do a local backup of our Outlook. We are having 3 clients. The job is planned via task to do a incremental backup of outlook our folders (inbox, personal folders, tasks etc.).

When i start the task for the first time ATI creates a big file which contains the actual emails from that day (e.g. email.tib). The next time the task is started via the planned task, i got a perfect notfication saying task completed successfully.

But when I look at the harddisk there are just files about 150 - 200 KB with the creation date of the task (e.g. email_2.tib, email_3.tib), which are just containing registry setting but no new mails!!

I have got this issue on al 3 clients. What did I do wrong?
    Do I always have to do a full backup?

I really need help on this!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ber4116,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

First of all please make sure that you are using the latest build of the program. Check it in Help -> About. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products.

Can you please send us the last log files created? What is the size of the .pst file:

• Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\[user_account_name]\Local Settings\Applications Data\Microsoft\Outlook

• Windows Vista
    C:\Users\[user_account_name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.